The HMSA Kaimana Awards & Scholarship Program recognizes and rewards high school seniors and their schools for being strong in body, mind, and spirit. We’re proud to honor these young role models and future leaders of our state.
There are two parts of the program:
- HMSA Kaimana Awards for schools.
- HMSA Kaimana Scholarships for high school seniors.
Winners will be recognized at the annual HMSA Kaimana Awards & Scholarship Program luncheon in June 2020.
HMSA Kaimana Awards for High Schools
These awards recognize Hawaii high schools for excellence in five categories. Schools compete within their own league, classified by student enrollment, and earn points for:
- Community service.
- Healthy activities.
All high schools in Hawaii’s five interscholastic leagues can compete for an HMSA Kaimana Award.
HMSA Kaimana ScholarshipsHMSA Kaimana Scholarships recognize our next generation of leaders — students who not only shine in the classroom and on the field, but who also impact the community. Special consideration is given to students who participate in lower-profile sports.
Recipients can use their scholarships to help pay for tuition, books, laptop and desktop computers, and room and board at their college of choice.
Eligible students must:
- Graduate from a Hawaii high school in 2020.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
- Participate on at least one sports team recognized by their league during their high school career.
- Write a brief essay on their high school experience and plans after they graduate.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from school faculty with their application.
- Submit an official transcript verified and signed by an authorized member of the school faculty.